Apply Student Visa for USA(United States of America):- This article will explain you USA Study Visa Requirements for Indian Students - F1, M Visas, F-1 Visa Requirements for International Students, the Documents Required for US Student Visa, and a complete USA Student Visa Guide for India Students. This USA Student Visa Guide will explore you Types of student visa in US, Cost of Visa, visa Requirement and documents needed to apply for US visa and how to apply for US visa? This article is very helpful for students who are looking for to study in US. Know USA Study Visa Requirements for Indian Students in 2022 2023?
You must read it Career benefits of studying abroad USA? and Why Do Students Choose to Study in the US?
Know some important Guide - How To Pursue Your Education In USA?
Know Top Courses for International Students to Study in the USA
Student Visa requirements for Indian Students
In order to visit United States for studying, one must first acquire visa as per the study course chosen and age of the student. In general United States procures you four different types of visa. They are:
- F-1 student visa: meant for students to get enrolled in their academics in US accredited universities
- J Exchange visa: Visa for exchange visitors
- M student visa: meant for students opting non-academic or vocational courses
- H visa: for temporary/seasonal workers and employment trainees
You must read it Can F-1 students apply for a green card?
General step to apply for US student Visa:
- Get accepted by any US accredited university/college which is certified by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program).
- After this, you will get an I-20 form which depicts information regarding your academics and stay.
- Pay Student and Exchange Visitor Program Maintenance charges which are known to be $350.
- Complete your DS-160 visa application to procure F-1 visa.
- Schedule your appointment for visa interview as early as possible.
- Attending the interview where the embassies check if you are a serious or non-serious student.
Documents to bring to your visa interview:
- Valid Passport: must be valid at least 6 months beyond your stay
- A copy of the photo you will use for your visa :
- DS-160 and I-901 SEVIS payment confirmation pages
- School transcript and official test scores you used on your university application
- Diploma, degree or any other certificate related to academics (if applicable)
- Bank statements you used to fill out your college application and evidence of bank statements that you can stay freely while your stay in US
- Form DS-157 for all males aged between 16-45
- Evidence of your back migration to your own place after your study is completed (Additional document)
F-1 student visa: The F-1 Visa (Academic Student) allows you to enter the United States as a full- time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program. On your F-1 visa, you can only stay in the United States for 60 days after your graduation date, so it's in your best interests to start planning for your course of action well before you graduate. The F-1 student visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows international students to enter the US and study at institutions certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). If you were advised at the interview that a waiver of ineligibility is required before the visa can be issued, you can expect your application to take up to 8 months to process from the date of the interview. Incomplete applications will take longer.
How to apply for your US visa online?
For this you need to contact US Embassy and Consulates India Website. Always apply 120 days prior to your date of program commencement. Remember the date of application fee submission is your application date.
How Will IDP help you with your visa applications?
IDP counselors counsel you on documents required for the procedure. Documents must be scanned and certified and certified translations are also required. IDP counselors with help in providing translation services. IDP counseling is free of cost. Over 700 counselors are present across the world to help you with all the procedures required. He/she will also help you with the government and non-government scholarship programs. Even the Government of India also provides education to some sound students to pursue their education abroad.
US Visa application charges:
The application fee for the student visa is $160. You must pay this fee and get the receipt, which you will need later for your interview documents. You might have to pay additional fees based on your country of origin and the US Embassy you are applying from.
The application fee for the most common nonimmigrant visa types is US$160. This includes tourist, business, student, and exchange visas. Most petition-based visas, such as work and religious visas, are US $190.
Total $500 is needed for applying F-1 visa which is segregated into two parts: SEVIS fee that is
$350 and DS-160 form charges which are $160.
In order to get the visa to need to have excel skills in English language for which you need to pass a test. IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) is a world wide recognized test to check your skills and proficiency in the language. US requires a minimum band score of 6.5 for IELTS to pass visa requirements. TOEFL is an another English language test used by more than 11000 universities and in 150 countries. But it is used more in US. 9 out of 10 US universities accept and take TOEFL scores brightly. The average minimum requirement of TOEFL for US universities is 78.
Check before giving the exam as some schools give preference to the one among them and some accept both.
Always try to learn C1 advanced English level that is Cambridge English for highest proficiency.
Arriving in US:
First thing to do is check Program start dates and confirm it by contacting to your designated school/college/university. No delays should be made in this.
You should read it: Common problems faced by international students in USA
Valid visa: In order to make sure whether your visa is valid or not do this: Visit the official visa website of the country of visit. Find the option of tracking the visa application status. Enter the acknowledgement number or passport number and the date of birth. Following that, enter the captcha code and click 'submit'.
Rules to be mentioned while pursuing your studies in USA:
You must attend all your classes and get passed, never drop the course without any consultation, take full-time study and complete it on time as specified on form I-20. In cases, you are unable to do any of the above contact with DSO (Designated school official) on an urgent basis. Applies to all the educational institutions in United States.
Free counseling sessions are always available or you must contact your agents at first to guide you thoroughly throughout the application process in order to avoid any delay and problems.
A complete Guide for Students Who is applying for F1 Student Visa for US?
- Ways to save money while studying abroad
- Common problems faced by international students in USA
- How to prepare for a US student Visa Interview
- Job opportunities to international students while studying in USA
- Useful Study Resources & Links for Indian Students Communities in US
- How to Upgrade your US student visa to Green Card
- Cost of Living in USA for International Students
- Why Do Students Choose to Study in the US
- Can F-1 students apply for a green card?
- What to do when you don’t get an offer from your dream university
- Six alternative cities for students in US
- Most Popular Assignment Writing Service Provider in USA
- No.1 Most Trusted & Reliable Assignment Writing Company in 2022-2023
- Cheapest Assignment Writing Service in 2022-2023
- How To Improve Student's Academic Writing and Learning Skills
- USA Undergraduate and post-graduate course assignment help for Indian Students