How to pay for university of USA with scholarships
Know some important facts of Paying For College with Scholarships, What types of Scholarships are available for international students? This article will explain you Scholarships and Funding Opportunities for International Students in USA.
International Students - Student Financial Services & Available scholarships
International students who dream to study in their university are work hard to get the admission. Many of them are capable to pay the fee by their own but there are lots of international students who either took student loan or wish to get the scholarship for getting admission.
Scholarships options for international students of USA
There are many top universities who offer different scholarship plans for international students. For giving the scholarship university have their own terms and condition. But the question arises how student's finds out which university offers scholarship and how to get apply there. This type of information is not known by many students.
In this article we will provide all the information related to the scholarship offering university and what is the procedure for getting scholarship and get admission.
There are many types of scholarships available in USA studies, offered by most of the universities of USA:
1. Merit scholarship:
This type of scholarship offers to the international students at the time they applied for that particular university. This type of scholarship is offered by almost all the university. The students give entrance test and on the basis their scores the amount of scholarship is given.
There are 2 types of merit scholarship, public and private.
Public merit scholarship: in this type of scholarship the amount is given to large number of students and the amount offer is quite low. Like $ 1000 to $5000 per year.
Private merit scholarship: In this type of scholarship the amount offers is quite high to limited number of students. The scholarship given differs from university to university. The amount given under this is $ 10000 to $ 35000 more or less.
2. ATHLETIC scholarship:
This type of scholarship mostly offered to the students of USA who are doing well in sports and to motivate them the scholarship is offered. These students are highly trained athletic and played for many levels.
So the international students who played any sports in their home country in national level are eligible to get this scholarship. But the scholarship offers will depend on the USA standards of those sports. May be you played for national for your country and in USA your scores don't look impressing then you may not get selected.
3. International student scholarship:
This type of scholarship is offered to the students who are coming internationally. There is fixed amount to be given on the basis of scores international students achieve.
This scholarship is given students on the basis of first come first out and student's needs to fill separate application for claiming scholarship.
4. Special program scholarships:
Many universities offer scholarship by launching special programs. The program can be any time academic basis or by embassy programs. So it is advised to international students to find such universities who offer scholarship on community services.
5. Financial aid:
This type of scholarship is given to the students is very less amount and it is also not sure that the scholarship will offered to the students as the university received bunch of application every year.
So after understanding all the scholarship offered by the university to international students, now it is depend on the student which university they will pick. Students should also take opinion of their family how much they can afford for their abroad education and for how much they can take loan or getting scholarship.
Advice for USA Scholarships for International Students
Here are some advices which can help international students in USA for choosing best scholarship offered by university.
1. Students can take help of someone who is already living in abroad and studying in the university which offered the scholarship. They can ask for their contact person. The person who is already receiving scholarship will give you the best advice and also guide you for selecting the universities.
2. If there is no known person studying in USA and students have no such knowledge about international universities and their scholarship process, then they can take help of a consult who can help you in term of your academic, financially and course which is popular for getting good job.
3. Students will also get selected on the basis of sports. For that they need to take help of a consultant, who will guide you in choosing the sport which will help you in getting the scholarship of a particular university.
4. Students can take help of online platform for getting information about university and their scholarship programs. Our advice to student is to start searching since you are in graduation so once you have completed your graduation, you have name of your university in which you want to study.
5. Our suggestion is for students before applying to ay university to sit and talk about your family, are they able to handle the fee for coming four or five years.
Hope this information will help international students. The students can apply for scholarship based on the suitable criteria they cover under it. It will help you a lot for understanding the scholarship available while you are planning to study aboard in USA.
Know some US Colleges / Universities that offer Scholarships for International Students
- American University Scholarships
- Amherst College Scholarships
- Berea College Scholarships
- Dartmouth College Scholarships
- Clark University Scholarships
- Colby-Sawyer College Scholarships
- Columbia College Scholarships
- East Tennessee State University
- East West Center
- Emory College Scholarships
- Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships
- Concordia College Scholarships
- Iowa State University International Merit Scholarships
- Michigan State University International Scholarships
- New York University Wagner Scholarships
- Oregon University Scholarships
- Wesleyan University Scholarships
- University of the West Scholarships
Available U.S. Government Scholarships for International Students
Foreign Fulbright Student Program
The Fulbright Program are engaged for fully provide scholarships in United States for international students who wants to pursue for a Master’s major or PhD degree. These scholarships may also be provided for non-degree postgraduate studies. This scholarship grant covers tuition fee, textbooks, a living stipend, airfare, and health insurance.
Humphrey Fellowship Program
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program offers a year of professional enrichment in the USA for working or experienced professionals from designated countries throughout the world. Fellows are selected basis of on their effort, potential for leadership and their commitment towards to public service in either the public or private sector. The fellowships are full grants covering all related expenses of their studies.