Assisting Students in Improving their Writing and Their Learning skills
As a student one has to master certain skills. There are language skills like listening, speaking, reading and writing. There are general skills like communication skills and presentation skills. All these skills are important in their own way. However, the most important skill that helps a student to make academic progress is learning skills. These skills enable students to learn different subjects, concepts, theories and principles. It helps in intellectual development. It is through learning skills that other skills can be learnt. It is observed that students who lack learning skills lag behind in studies. Learning skills make students independent. Once they develop these skills, they can study on their own without much support or guidance from outside. Learning skills are the base of academic development. They are a must for a scholar.
Learning is not studying. Studying is one of the ways of learning. Learning means acquiring new knowledge, reinforcing existing knowledge, knowing new values and skills. Some learning skills are as follows:
- Experience - One learns from experience. It is part of our life. We learn many life lessons from experience. For example, if you burn your lips when you drink hot milk, you will not drink hot milk another time. One must develop the ability to learn from experience otherwise each new experience is of no value.
- Observation - We must always keep our eyes and ears open and observe everything that goes around. We learn many valuable things from observation. Newton observed the apple falling down from the tree and eventually came up with the law of Gravity.
- Guidance - If one cannot understand certain concepts, they can be learnt from others. If a senior or an expert teaches you and explains the concept, you can learn it. There is no harm in seeking guidance from experts or peers.
- Practice and drilling - Some skills can be developed to perfection through practice and drilling. If you solve hundreds of mathematical problems by way of practice you can learn them.
- Mnemonics - One must have a sharp memory for learning and acquiring knowledge. Mnemonics are techniques that help you to remember. For example, in order to remember the birthdate 1st February 2003, one can find the chronology in it - 1st day of the second month in the third year of this century.
These are only some common learning skills but each individual has his own unique learning strategies.
Out of the four language skills, writing skill is considered to be the most advanced and most difficult skill. Writing is not limited to writing words and sentences. The ultimate objective is to teach students to express their ideas and opinions through written content which is meaningful, well-organized, error-free and written in an appropriate style. Writing has several aspects and a good writer must master them all. Writing always has become difficult to teach or to learn because it involves a different kind of mental process which includes the sub-skills like - drafting, editing, revising, organising etc. Professionals need to write letters, emails, notices, reports, minutes, agendas etc. A good piece of writing is coherent, cohesive, and reader-friendly.
The sub-skills of Writing are:
2. Structural accuracy
3. Orthographic accuracy
Difficulties in acquiring learning skills and writing skills
Most individuals develop their own ways of learning. People are comfortable with certain learning techniques. For example, some people may remember what they write down while some people just read something and remember it. It is difficult to teach or impose learning skills on others. Learning skills are associated with the nature of a person, his competencies, interest in academics, goals and objectives, personality, intellectual level and many other factors.
Writing involves factors like graphics, good handwriting, knowledge of spellings, grammar, mastery over language, knowledge of writing styles, a rich vocabulary and so on.
Hence, both these skills are great common hurdles in the path of students. Writing also involves some pre-writing and post-writing activities. A piece of writing cannot be finalized before editing and proof reading it.
Online help for improving learning skills and writing skills
It is a challenging task to enable students to improve their learning and writing skills, yet, we have taken up the challenge long back and we have succeeded in assisting hundreds of students till date. It is a task that can only be handled by educationists in collaboration with psychologists. It is necessary to understand the exact status of each child before one develops a plan for improving learning skills. The same applies to writing skills. We have a team of experts who apply themselves to the task with commitment and dedication. They prepare separate programmes for each student. They prepare a series of online sessions and activities and patiently guide the students through the specially designed programme until proper learning styles are developed. The aim is to make the students independent scholars. Our experts also teach them the sub-sills of writing to make them competent writers.
We provide all this help in the online mode. Whatever part of the world the students belong to, we work for 24 hours and we are OK with all clocks and time schedules anywhere in the world. Enough drilling, practice and exercises are included to make sure that the objectives are fulfilled.
Choosing the right help-providers
Help is available online and offline but for challenging tasks like improving basic and important skills of students, one can only rely on experts, educationists and other professionals. A number of sessions will go waste if there is no improvement in the students. We guarantee improvement provided you follow our instructions meticulously. Once a student acquires learning skills and good writing skills, he will be a life-long learner. We plan online tutoring sessions with assured and quick results, we charge reasonable fees and we have a long track record of success.
Then why waste time browsing sites, reading testimonials and experimenting? Just register with us let us know your problem and we are ready with a solution!