Get Help with every step of your career - Study in UK:- There are many career services in UK which can help you to get advice of your career; it helps you to know which sector you can choose, what kind of jobs available in UK, part time jobs in UK and many more. The students in UK who are studying aboard, and who don’t have much experience of culture of UK can hire these career services and It can be life changer for you. These Careers and Employability Services are helpful for those students who want to make their career in UK .
Also read :- How studying abroad can shape your career
What is a careers service in the UK and how can they help?
Career service provides very useful or important information about the path one should choose in future. Same as National Career Service in UK are also very supportive and helpful at the same time. Professional career advisors are present there for giving you the correct advice and get you out from the dilemma. These services are very well trained to provide important information, guide like your elder one and give advice whoever wants to make their mind. This makes helpful especially to students to take decision related to their learning in UK, their working part and in there training also. So, career services are like counselor of giving future advice that makes one more prepared about what to do and what not to.
Also read:- Major challenges faced by international students
What kind of Career Services are provided in UK?
- Universities plan some counselling session or we can say face to face interactive session to make students, even parents also aware of career path they can choose or their children can choose. You will get a lot of suggestions from them, as they are professionals and can very well read your mind. They will make your route clear and visible for your choice.
- The most important part of these services is it will help you to be the best version of yourself and to know about yourself. You can examine your own weakness and strength that you feel and then can discuss with the counsellor. This will help you to overcome your weakness and avail for more job opportunities.
- You should know your skills, means are you good at listening, speaking and communicating with others, your leadership skills, technical, and the way you represent yourself in front of others. So, if you are not good at these you can talk to career advisor, he/she will provide you with much knowledge that will you make all this your strong one's.
- If you are confused or you are not aware that which subjects you have to take further that will help you get job faster than you can take consultant of your career advisor, he will correct your path make you confusion free and will also tell you that which subject will be more helpful to you in future life.
- As the career advisors are very well trained, they have met a lot of people and have gone through the CVs of many people seeking for job and have met some employee also who are ready for hiring new one's so, counsellors can help you check out your resume or cv which you have prepared for job interview and can also give you good feedback in return, this will be very helpful for you as wanderer for job.
- Counsellor is a person who knows how to talk with someone, and how to answer someone. The career advisor might help you deal with the basic questions asked by the interviewer. He/She will prepare you with answers of some basic questions which can put in front of you during your interview. This will help you boost your confidence and make you ready for the job. This all will help you get you out from hesitation, make you feel confident and also how to behave in front of them for example your body posture as well. These points are counted during an interview and helps more in your placement.
How career services can help?
The Universities of UK provides a proper team of career advisor which help you out in building up your career through chat, virtual meetings and face to face meet as well. They talk with that or we can say interact with the person like a good guardian and help them come out of huge dilemma they are stuck in. They not only talk with you but will use different-different techniques like giving you assignment or taking you in fair, attending workshops this all will the advisor helpful understanding your mind status more clearly. Some of the benefits of career counselling are:
- Find correct direction in your career: By taking career advice you can be in right direction. Because the sessions given by universities, assessments or any kind of workshop attended by you will make you realize your own potential and also discover your skills to do new things in your life. By this you will become more-clear towards your future and will take right step forward. During these all, extra efforts done by universities or advisor will help you make a clear picture of what your future would be like.
- Fairs and Events: The universities provide every student a chance to attend fairs and events, to make them interact with the industry individuals. So, that they can enhance their skills and get to know about some professional area and become aware of the employees thinking by talking with them. These all will help them in their future career to refine it more nicely.
- For attending fairs or events you should be well prepared with your resume.
- Your way of standing out of the crowd should be attractive and representable.
- You should have any idea related your work prepared in your mind so that you can present in front of employees in the fair.
- Advise after graduation: UK universities make this counselling very useful even if you are pass out and are employee somewhere in any company. So, if you are not able to meet them physically they can help you out through virtual meetings too. So, you do not need to roam here and there or get yourself stuck in any situation from which you can't get out career advisor are there for you.
- Your own startup: If you are bit confused about your future or you are not sure about your startup, you can directly take help from career service tell them your idea of approach in your startup. He will listen to you and give you more ideas about your startup or correct your idea. He will also help you out that how you can apply for startup loan or whom you can meet for discussing your idea.