What are challenges faced by International College Students and Know Solutions of their Problems?
In this article, we elaborate the problems encountered in front of international student who are studying abroad, and how to short this out by individual student. When a student joins study abroad education, he has to face too many problems like education fees to living cost and university culture and difference in language types of problems, and some common problems raise in society of living, We provided some information what would be these problems and how to resolve the problems by individuals.
also Read: How studying abroad can shape your career
International College Students - Challenges and Solutions
Language barrier: (Challenges)
The majority of international students are literate in English but t hey might not be well versed with the accent used by their classmates and teachers, though. They can even find it challenging to communicate in English because of the high standards of language been prevailing. Also the students are afraid or insecure; therefore they are unwilling to question their friends and teachers for clarification if needed. They fear that their teachers or classmates will think negative of them if they will ask them the points again in order to grasp the subjects. They also do think that this leads to lowering their self-esteem.
You must read it: Common problems faced by international students in USA
Solution: Get enrolled in various language courses. Even if you struggle to put your sentiments into words, don't be afraid to express yourself. You might be increasing your self confidence and oral communication abilities by communicating in English.
Diverse culture: (Challenges)
The majority of foreign students miss their home towns since they are unable to routinely visit them, unlike other students who can. Time zone variations also make it challenging for them to communicate with their friends and family. International students typically arrive at college with very little baggage. Their residences will thus be less acquainted which as a result does not create the feeling of ours or home feeling. They feel isolated since they don't participate in many of their friends' activities. They will naturally avoid social events since they are separated from their friends and family. Most of the time, international students are not prepared for the cultures of other countries. Relationships with academics, drinking in public, gender identity, and sexual orientation are a few things that they could find uncomfortable. Solution: Be genuine. Don't be afraid to interact with others and don't be afraid of confrontation. Permit yourself to meet new people. Discover their culture and communicate your opinions to them. You'll find it simpler to adapt to the new environment if you connect with like-minded people.
Also read:- Major challenges faced by international students
Daily finances (Challenges):
International students need to formulate appropriate money management skills. Some foreign students may be fortunate enough to get a scholarship, which will ease their financial load. All students will thus need to develop their budgeting skills. Students must budget for accommodation, food, transportation, and other daily living expenditures in addition to tuition. In addition to lifestyle, house preferences, and spending habits, costs are often higher in larger cities. It could be stressful to not have your family around to help you financially, but again, use this as a chance to learn how to create a budget and handle money.
Solution:- Find a part-time job, attempt to prepare your own meals whenever you can, and look for a less priced writing service that can assist you with your coursework without costing a fortune and burdening your financial aspects.
Academic writing: (Challenges)
Even some students who are natural English speakers struggle with academic writing, therefore this might be one of the hardest hurdles. As a result, it might be quite difficult for international students to write perfect papers that meet the university's writing requirements at first. In actuality, hardly many students look for paid assignment samples.
Solution: Much practice will be required of you. In addition, you might seek assistance from a research writing service. These companies give free examples to help you understand the structure and formatting of an assignment or dissertation in addition to offering guidance with writing assignments. There are some of reliable online learning companies like expertsminds, miracleskills etc, the students can take assignment help from those companies for better results.
Also read:- Challenges faced by international students in Australia
It is normal to miss your home, therefore it is barely strange that you would do so if it you are far from your home town. Even though many foreign students come to other nations with their families, they are still leaving their familiar surroundings, so the adjustment period can be challenging for them.
Solution: Most colleges include clubs or groups designed specifically for students from specific countries, which may be a great way to combat feelings of loneliness or isolation.
Recruitment : (Challenges)
- The very first recruitment challenge is the huge number of application in the university admission centre's
- Measuring return on investment on your marketing strategies
- Securing budget for your international recruitment
- Weighing pros and cons during recruitment process in the market is a big challenge i.e. balancing between digital and traditional marketing aspects
What are the Solutions into Consideration of These student's problems.
1. To start, understand what makes your university special and identify the personalities of your existing and potential students. International students often seek for the same essential information, despite the differences in their cultures, such as descriptions of the university, advantages of the programmes, any rankings or awards, entrance requirements, or tuition rates. Choose the correct material and format that students will be interested in reading based on these personalities.
2. Start defining your goals, stating the objectives which will increase enrollment and applications
3. The advantages of having international students enrolled should be highlighted for your marketplace, brand exposure, or outside connections. Then, offer a clear picture of the outcomes of each marketing activity using the metrics you've chosen. You'll not only assure a greater budget but also receive clearance for implementing particular marketing strategies by presenting a consistent image of ROI.
4. The most enduring method of contacting and establishing connections with international students is thought to be digital marketing. There are several digital options that have demonstrated excellent returns on investment for attracting international students, including online education portals, email advertising, and content marketing. Don't be afraid to include some traditional activities in your approach, though. Especially later in the process, it could be worthwhile to make personalized printed materials and distribute them to your students. Personalized invites to open days or scholarship possibilities may undoubtedly help you stand out from the rest.
These all are some of the difficulties faced to recruit international students. But there are already some international immigrants already settled there and are a part of this. So it becomes difficult for them to do the task asked. As they are better in understanding their own scenario, they must implement those points to overcome the challenges. It will be easy for them and the nation too. More students are recruited, more alike cultures will be there and soon they will be facing no more difficulties