Persuasive Argument Essay - The use of social media in the workplace: the good and the bad
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR RELIABLE PERSUASIVE ARGUMENT ESSAY ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICES? EXPERTSMINDS.COM IS RIGHT CHOICE AS YOUR STUDY PARTNER!
Question: What will your advice be to the Director of Social Media? Will you argue that an organisation should encourage employees to use social media or will you argue organisations should discourage employees from using social media?
Title of the Memo: Should organizations encourage employees to use social media?
Addressed to: The Directory of Social Media M and M Company
In the present world of globalization, the communication strategies play a key role in maintaining internal organizational behavior, promoting collaboration and innovativeness, on da first effective way of communicating news and policies of the organization. In the present stance, employers of the organization must encourage the use of social media, however the purpose must align with the organizational objectives. In the below section, the discussion for supporting the use of social media is described in more detail.
SAVE YOUR HIGHER GRADE WITH ACQUIRING PERSUASIVE ARGUMENT ESSAY ASSIGNMENT HELP & QUALITY HOMEWORK WRITING SERVICES OF EXPERTSMINDS.COM
Primary reasons to support the use of social media:
The reason to support the use of social media is linked with the fact that, it is a way of communication that have quick influence.
This can be described explicitly in the following points.
1. It offers a means of communication in which collaboration, exchange of ideas, risk identification, and collection of evidence for routine practices, becomes easier.
2. It helps in enhancing the team cohesion. As a result, staff retention increases, which is also supported by the report of Forrest & Bruner (2017).
3. Creates an opportunity to promote the brand, innovation at the organization, outreaching the audience or clients, and making a strong existence in the marketplace.
4. It is an excellent place for comparison, identifying the recent trends, developing mitigation strategies against the risk, and helps in the decision-making process (Xie& Lee, 2015).
5. Suitably connects the employees with the external environment, influencers, and third-party agencies, which have the potential to influence the brand positioning of the organization.
Reason why employers think it could be a problem:
As explained in the report by McDonald & Thompson (2016), one of the prime reasons because of which employers consider the use of social media as a negative force against the organization is, it is a factor that deteriorates productivity. Other related factors are described in the following points.
1. It tends to engage employees for a considerable time, which can affect the working hours of employees.
2. The resources of the organization such as computer system, internet and related materials will be then used for non-organizational (or personal) purposes.
3. The messaging and communication practices with social media, can create conflict, gossip, and generate negative emotions.
4. Social media has the potential to reveal secret strategies of organization, which in turn can affect the market positioning of the company.
DO YOU WANT TO EXCEL IN PERSUASIVE ARGUMENT ESSAY ASSIGNMENT? HIRE TRUSTED TUTORS FROM EXPERTSMINDS AND ACHIEVE SUCCESS!
Support from scientific and social studies:
There are several reports that advocate the use of social media within an organization, as a positive factor. For instance, the report by McDonald & Thompson (2016), suggest that using social media as a platform for marketing purposes have 50% more effectiveness, compared to the traditional marketing strategies. Similarly, several business-to-business employees and marketers have initiated the use of social media such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn to promote the content (Lahuerta-Otero & Cordero-Gutiérrez, 2016). This in turn, help in gaining immediate audience and wide influencer community support. The most important support can be obtained from the report by Braojos-Gomez (2015), which suggest that employees can quickly build a relationship and influence the target audience, both online and offline using the social media. This is helpful for the organization as it is cost effective as well as a quick method to develop a brand in the market. However, the use of social media within an organization must be regularized based on certain conditions. Note that, social media at workplace must be oriented for the benefit of the organization.
How to make social media use at organization effective?
In the above section, arguments were made from the perspective of organizational benefit as well as the risk from employer's point of view. In order to need the use of social media effective, regulatory strategies must be implemented that can help in achieving performativity (Forrest & Bruner, 2017).
1. Employees must dedicate only a specific time duration to the use of social media at workplace.
2. Employees must be motivated to present organizational gain, new and effective relationship, and brand positioning that were possible through the use of social media. These presentations must be made during group meeting or relevant workshops.
3. There should be strict measures against bleaching the organizational standard. This include sharing organizational secrets to outside parties, displaying videos of photos that can damage the reputation of organization, and activities that are not in the interest of the company.
4. Employees must promote recruitment job post, organizational achievement, marketing for new or existing products, and outreaching the organizational achievements to the community.
Overall, these strategies will not only help in achieving employee's satisfaction with reference to the use of social media, but will also be effective in achieving organizational objectives. However, the regulatory measures must be effective to monitor the activities such that the purpose can be in benefit to the organization and market positioning of the company.
EXPERTSMINDS.COM ACCEPTS INSTANT AND SHORT DEADLINES ORDER FOR PERSUASIVE ARGUMENT ESSAY ASSIGNMENT - ORDER TODAY FOR EXCELLENCE!