Server Roles And Technologies, Melbourne Institute Of Technology, Australia
MN506 - System Management
Title: Design, Installation and Configure Enterprise Network Servers
GETTING STUCK WITH SIMILAR NETWORKING ASSIGNMENT? ENROL WITH EXPERTSMINDS'S SERVER ROLES AND TECHNOLOGIES ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICES AND GET DISTRESSED WITH YOUR ASSIGNMENT WORRIES!
Question: For your chosen scenario:
(i) Analyze client requirements.
Answer: Introduction: Thinktank is a mid scale company based out of Sydney. The company has its own existing LAN with a limited number of machines and has lot many limitations in terms of data sharing, security and scalability. It wants to provide the support of Windows Server and set up a client environment so that an appropriate client-server architecture can get established. In the given scenario, the company is looking ahead to expand their network in multiple cities as well as looking forwards to deploys some servers to facilitate various services. The requirements of Thinktank are analyzed as follows-
Requirements Analysis: The client is a Sydney based company initially had only 10 computers. But now, they are having 50 computers. This means that they now need to create different VLANs within their network for managing different groups of users each having different privileges. Also, the company is now expanding their business to Melbourne and the new office will be connected to the Head Quarter based out of Sydney. For connecting these two remote offices they will have to create a Wide Area Network topology using the WAN interface cards. For effective data transmission in the WAN topology a VPN has to get configured, through which the entire data will be transmitted.
For every office they are planning to buy some printers which will be shared across all users to get the print facility for every network user. The company is also looking forward to maintain the data at some centralized location from where all the user categories should be able to access their respective data. For facilitating this feature the company has to host a data server which will have File Transfer Protocol (FTP) configured over it. Within FTP server, every department viz. Finance, Sales from both the Sydney and Melbourne offices will be allocated with a folder having some maximum capacity of data storage. User authentication will be given to all the users to access the folder. In this way, only finance department will be able to access their own data and the same for sales also. However, the managers from both the offices will be given all the rights to read, write and delete the data from the entire FTP server.
Next, the company also wants to assign IP addresses to their computers automatically when they are connected to the network. For this, the company has to configure a Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) in their network which will assign the IP addresses dynamically to all the hosts which are connected in the network. To reduce the down time, the company must maintain the replicas of their important data services. This can be done by deploying a distributed architecture for their network.
Finally, they are looking to make their data available over the internet for which they will need their web server to host their data portal. Also, keeping in mind the security of the network, firewall must be installed in both the networks to prevent the data from hackers.
NO PLAGIARISM POLICY - ORDER NEW SERVER ROLES AND TECHNOLOGIES ASSIGNMENT AND GET WELL WRITTEN SOLUTIONS DOCUMENTS WITH FREE TURNTIN REPORT!
(ii) Identify and propose the required servers and server roles (services).
Answer: Identification of server roles and technologies: In order to achieve the above requirements, some important servers can be proposed as follows:
1. FTP Server: This is a server which has File Transfer Protocol configured in ti. The major role of this server is to facilitate the transfer of file from any device within the same network. It also allows setting the authentication privileges to the end users. One of the FTP servers that I could recommend is FIleZilla Pro, which is now available with almost all the cloud service providers also.
2. Web Server: This server is basically used to host a web application. It creates a client-server architecture which runs on the HTTP or HTTPS protocol to provide different services to the client side. Different types of web server that can be recommended are Apache, Wamp, Xamp, Lamp, IIS and Nginx web server.
3. DHCP Server: It is a Dynamic Host Control Protocol server; it is a network based server which does the task of automatically assigning the IP addresses to the devices within the network. This server is very helpful for implementing a BYOD in your network.
4. In addition to this some other devices which are essentially required by Thinktank are as follows:
a. WAN Interface Card
b. Optical Fibre
c. VPN Tunneling
g. Wireless Routers or Access Points
GET GUARANTEED SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK UNDER SERVER ROLES AND TECHNOLOGIES ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICES OF EXPERTSMINDS.COM!
Access our Melbourne Institute Of Technology, Australia Assignment Help Services for its related course and academic units, such as:
- MN502 Overview of Network Security Assignment Help
- MN604 IT Security Management Assignment Help
- MN507 Overview of Software Engineering Assignment Help
- MN612 Enterprise Architecture Assignment Help
- MN504 Networked Application Management Assignment Help
- MN610 Virtual Private Networks Assignment Help
- MN503 Overview of Internetworking Assignment Help
- MN501 Network Management in Organisations Assignment Help
- MN507 Overview of Software Engineering Assignment Help
- MN622 Software Defined Networking Assignment Help