DO YOU WANT TO EXCEL IN PHYSIOLOGICAL TESTING METHOD ASSIGNMENT? HIRE TRUSTED TUTORS FROM EXPERTSMINDS AND ACHIEVE SUCCESS!
Learning Outcomes -
1. Articulate the physiological determinants of sports performance by articulating the importance of V?O2 max to endurance sport performance.
2. Show an awareness of the physiological limits to sports performance by demonstrating the factors that determine the physiological boundaries placed on V?O2 max.
3. Evaluate sports performance using accepted physiological testing methods by presenting the advantages and disadvantages of alterations to methodological characteristics (including mode of exercise) to determine V?O2 max.
Task - Generate infographic fact sheet that is intended for the exercise scientist and/or exercise physiologist to use as a guide when designing, implementing and interpreting a test, and when discussing the test with a client athlete.
Answer - PROFILEVO2 MAX
Definition: Oxygen consumption is a normal phenomenon for the metabolic processes. The intake of oxygen increases with the increase in the physical strain on the body. A threshold limit of oxygen that can be consumed by a body is the VO2 max. It is measured in mL.kg.min.
Significance: The value of VO2 max is the plateau observed on a graph and is considered as the gold standard for the endurance of the athletes. It conveys the ability of the skeletal muscles, hearts capacity as a muscle, breathing capacity. The athletes with higher values of VO2 max have better endurance levels.
VO2 MAX FITNESS MEASURE
EXPERTSMINDS.COM ACCEPTS INSTANT AND SHORT DEADLINES ORDER FOR PHYSIOLOGICAL TESTING METHOD ASSIGNMENT - ORDER TODAY FOR EXCELLENCE!
Factors Affecting VO2max
Vo2 max of an individual is dependent upon diverse factors especially with the composition.
1. Sex - Females are observed to have lower VO2 max levels in comparison to their counter parts. Men are physically larger in size than females and have relatively larger hearts which directly affects the amount of blood pumped and thereby oxygen uptake.
2. Age - The MI potential of a body is reached at S age of 25 and thereafter there is a decline in the capacity of VO2 max at least by 1% every year.
3. Temperature - The surrounding temperature of a body also determines the amount of oxygen consumed. However, this value is temporary.
4. Weight - Increase in weight increases the oxygen uptake capacity.
5. Lean body mass - Body with more muscle consumes larger quantities of oxygen in comparison to S fat rich body composition
6. Bed rest - Inactivity reduces the VO2 max as there is no usage of oxygen for the breakdown of compounds.
7. Altitude - The height from S sea level affects S amount of oxygen uptake and decreases due to decreased atmospheric pressure.
8. Geography. V.O2max is reduced for residents of temperate or tropical areas as compared with those living in circumpolar regions.
NEVER LOSE YOUR CHANCE TO EXCEL IN PHYSIOLOGICAL TESTING METHOD ASSIGNMENT - HIRE BEST QUALITY TUTOR FOR ASSIGNMENT HELP!
Cycling Maximal Oxygen Consumption Test (VO2max) using a cyclic ergometer.
Estimating VO2 max - Direct and indirect measures of VO2 is possible
- Ergometer- a exercise still bike with a adjustable power output such as Monark. Sometimes a treadmill is also used.
- Ventilometre - Measures the inhaled oxygen and expired carbon dioxide (gas analysis)
- Heart rate monitoring machine
Pre-requisites for the test:
- Warm-up session of the individual for at least 10 minutes
- Calibration of the equipment
- Information documentation
- Consent form
- The exercise is conducted on the ergometer and in regular intervals of time the speed of the cycling i.e., cadence is increased to the maximum intensity.
- The amount of oxygen intake is measured through the procedure and the maximum volume of oxygen consumed is recorded.
Estimating VO2 max:
The values are recorded as liters per minute or mls of oxygen per kilogram of body weight per minute
Advantages: The measurement of the VO2 max through this method is reliable and prevents falls during the exercises. It enhances the reliability of the heart rate as the movement is relatively stable without many fluctuations in workloads.
Disadvantages: The seating arrangement can cause discomfort for extended periods of time and may cause fatigue.
ORDER NEW PHYSIOLOGICAL TESTING METHOD ASSIGNMENT & GET 100% ORIGINAL SOLUTION AND QUALITY WRITTEN CONTENTS IN WELL FORMATS AND PROPER REFERENCING.