Performance Management for Hr Assignment Help
1. Understand different methods and levels of measuring performance in organisations
2. Demonstrate the capacity to express ideas, concepts and arguments in a logical and coherent written form conforming to relevant standards of academic writing.
Enrol with Performance Management for Hr assignment help and homework writing services of Expertsminds.com and get better results in assignments!
In the context of any organisation, performance management is one of the most important functions. The process of performance management allows an organisation to set goals which are to be achieved by the employees and by the process an organisation can also review the performances of the employees. In this era of increased competition, organisations must look to adequate this process of performance management. In any organisation, HR plays an important role. Thus, the process of performance management starts from the functions of the Human Resource Management. In order to hire employees who can add benefits to the organisation, HR is the only way out.
Objective of Performance Management
There are a lot of objectives of the process of performance management. The objectives are:-
- One of the key objectives of the process of performance management which is to be performed by the HR of an organisation is to review the performance of the employees of an organisation. Reviewing the performances of the employees will allow the organisation to find out the employees who are doing a great job and the employees who need to improve on their skills (Angrave et al. 2016). Thus, the process allows organisations to take necessary steps in order to improve the performance level of all the employees
- All organisations keep a certain target in front of the employees and the employees are expected to achieve the target. However, the employees sometimes fail to achieve the target that has been set. Hence, an organisation needs to figure out what were the defects and how improvement can be achieved. This is where, the process of performance management again plays a significant role. The process will help the organisation in finding out the defects (Cappelli, 2015). However, the success rate of the process depends on the performance of the HR.
- Another very important function which an organisation will always want to perform is to find out the organisation's strengths and weaknesses. If an organisation, successfully finds out its own strengths and the areas which needs development, the organisation will stay much ahead of the other competitors (Cascio and Boudreau, 2016). The process of performance management will help an organisation in achieving this feat as well. .
- For any organisation, the employees who are working in the organisation play the most important role. Hence, the employees must get satisfied working in the organisation, as this will motivate the employees to work much harder. Employee satisfaction does not only come by the work they have been provided to do. It comes from several other ways, like increment in salaries, offering promotions and a few other factors. The process of performance management will help the HR, to find out the employees who can be offered an increment or a promotion in their respective posts (Collings et al. 2018).
Defects in Performance Management
The process of performance management can add several benefits to the organisations. However, there are some defects related to the process of performance management. The defects are:
1- In every organisation, there are staffs who have been working for the organisation for a long time. Thus, they have gathered a lot of experiences working for the organisation, after working for so long. They believe that they can easily figure out the defects of the organisation and only they can provide guidance to the organisation about the areas where improvement is needed (Marler and Boudreau, 2017). Thus, when the HR tries to implement the process of performance management, the senior staffs will not try to understand the process and hence the process will not get implemented in the correct manner.
2- The process of performance management will keep the employees under continuous observation (Mishra et al. 2016). As the process allows the HR to review the performance level of the employees, keeping them under observation is must. However, employees do not always like this process. When they are observed continuously, they will start to think that the organisation has not trust over them and therefore the HR is observing them continuously. This will affect the relationship between the employees and the organisation and the employees may not work in a proper manner (Noe et al. 2017).
3- One of the most important defects of the process of performance management is that, the process may bring a condition of conflict. It is obvious that when an HR, tries to implement the process of performance management the HR will set several targets which the employees are expected to reach within a shorter period of time. Moreover, the employees will be offered increments and other benefits if they can successfully reach the targets. Hence, all the employees will try to reach them. This is where a condition of conflict will arise and there is a chance that none of the targets will be achieved which in return will affect the organisation.
4- One of the most important functions performed by the HR of an organisation is to hire employees by the process of interview. Now when an HR tries to implement the process of performance management in interview, the HR will set a few targets in front of the interviewee. However, if the interviewee is not trained about achieving the targets, the interviewee will fail. This will affect the candidate in several ways and the interviewee may suffer from lack of motivation. Thus, it is very important from a HR's point of view to train the interviewee first and then set targets (Rasmussen and Ulrich, 2015).
Benefits of Effective Performance Management
Though the process of performance management has a few defects related to it, the process has a lot of benefits which can help an organisation to grow. The benefits of effective performance management system are:
- It is obvious that when the HR is setting targets in front of the employees, the employees will need support from the top management official as well. Thus the organisation will start to work like a team and everyone will support others. It will motivate the employees to work much harder. Moreover, with the process of performance management the HR will be able to hire a perfect employee according to the needs of the organisation (Rauch and Hatak, 2016).
- The objectives of the process of performance management are quite clear and can be accepted by any employee. When the employees get a clear idea about their work and the benefits they are going to get after the successful completion of the work, the employees will start working together. This will help organisations in achieving the desired results.
- Another benefit of the process of performance management is that the process can be implemented by any HR in the context of any organisation. Thus a process which can be implemented by organisation without judging the industry or size of an organisation is always an important benefit. Moreover, the process allows organisations to solve problems by finding out the defects and the areas where improvement is required (Schmidt et al. 2018). Thus, the process helps organisations to grow.
This study concludes that the process of performance management in the context of the functions performed by the HRs of organisation have several benefits. However, the process of performance management has a few defects related to it as well. Thus, HRs will have to be careful in order to implement the process in the correct manner. Moreover, the process of performance management helps an organisation or the HR of the organisation to hire perfect employees according to the needs of the organisation. However, in this process, the HR will have to be careful as well, because the process may affect the motivation level of the interviewee. Furthermore, the process of performance management will help a HR to figure out the performance level of the employees working in the organisation and thus the HR will be able to take necessary steps when needed. On the other hand, the process will help employees to work as a team as well.
Expertsminds.com gives accountability of your time and Money – Avail TOP results originated Performance Management for Hr assignment help services at best rates!