"Real World" Hospital or Healthcare Delivery System’s Strategic Plan
Conduct an Internet search for a "real world" hospital or healthcare delivery system''s strategic plan. Assess it, including the HIM component, and at a minimum, include the following 5 required content elements in your analysis to your classmates for discussion.
• Organizational name and type of organization (hospital, acute care facility, ambulatory surgery center, hospital system, etc.)?
• Organizational mission, vision, goals, and/or objectives. When was it developed and how long was it?
• Do they have any updates if it was developed over one year ago?
• Anything outstanding to you?
• What key elements are included in their strategic plan?
• Do they use any type of balanced scorecard or mechanism to track and monitor these elements? Are the elements measurable and systematic? Is there an HIM component of the strategic plan? If so, explain and if not, what are your thoughts?
• How it is connected or aligned with the organizational mission, vision, goals and/or objectives?
• What specific HIM initiatives are included?
• Given your practicum and program learning, would you feel comfortable carrying them out as an HIM Director?
OUR "REAL WORLD" HOSPITAL OR HEALTHCARE DELIVERY SYSTEM’S STRATEGIC PLAN ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICE CAN BE AFFORDED BY EVERY STUDENT DUE TO LESS CHARGES!!
San Antonio Regional Hospital
The San Antonio regional hospital is an acute-care hospital offering a range of service including paramedic and surgical facilities. The hospital treats over 200000 patients each year which makes their health care IT system one of the best in the region. The mission of the hospital is to improve the health and wellbeing of the people and the vision is to promote a healthy future through excellence in medical care and compassion. The values governing the operations are to provide patient-centric care based on integrity and excellence. This is based on several core values promoted by the organization which include safety, compassion and respect.
The HIM system components of the hospital are much generalised and while the state and federal laws they are overly focused except for an efficiency and security perspective regarding disclosure. The most interesting thing that is noticed is the while the health information stored in the hospital database is the property of the hospital they are accessible by the patients and the hospital has developed a clear outline of the process that is used to allow the patient access to their medical records. This seems like an aligned with the patient-centric care where the patient is instructed through the process of disclosure requirements for accessing their own medical records.
The HIM objectives are focused on the patient and the efficiency of the system as a whole which is aligned with their patient-centric care espoused in the values and the principle of excellence and integrity. While there is no direct connection to the values of compassion and respect it is indirectly related to patient safety because of the efficient information system allows for better-personalised care for the patients. The strategic plan, therefore, is aligned with their core values of operation and directly affects the care quality and efficiency of the hospital.
FIND TOP QUALITY WRITERS AND QUALIFIED TUTORS UNDER THE "REAL WORLD" HOSPITAL OR HEALTHCARE DELIVERY SYSTEM’S STRATEGIC PLAN ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICE!!