PROJ6003 Project Execution and Control Assignment Help
1. Identify what processes are involved in submitting a request to deal with the changes necessary from your understanding of the case study.
2. Identify and critically analyse changes required and the impacts on scope, time, cost and quality of the project and the techniques used to manage them.
3. Identify and discuss options to satisfy each change request and any risks associated to the options.
4. Complete the change request/control form provided or one that is used from a workplace.
Are you looking for reliable PROJ6003 Project Execution and Control Assignment Help services? Expertsminds.com is right choice as your study partner!
In this report, there is a detailed analysis done on the Lewis Project that is undertaken by the Robert L. Frank Construction Company which is an engineering and construction firm that is serving different organizations like petroleum, chemical, petrochemical and steel, iron, mining, pharmaceutical, and also in the industries of food-processing. They were running their business successfully by completing several project orders, but due to some project management issues, the organization started to decline. Suddenly again they took up the Lewis Project, but they are facing some problems and the condition of the project is getting worsened day by day.
Findings and Analysis
1. There are several processes that are necessary for submitting a request to deal with the changes. They generally involve four necessary steps which are like specific determination in the scope of the change required, determination of the scope relating to the incorporation of the change, gaining of approval and rejection of the change that is needed, and lastly, in the communication and the implementation of the change request.
Specific determination in the scope of the change required:
In this part, the basic consideration resembles in the identification of the scope in requesting the change. This relates to the stakeholder, the concerned business and the other functional requirements that are necessary. In such aspect, there will be a new discovery of requirements in the project. Then, there will be an elicitation of the requirements in change, analysis of the requirements that are to be validated (Hassan, Channa, & Lashari, 2017).
Determination of the scope relating to the incorporation of the change:
There is a need for formulating the response of the proposed change. This basically denotes in the identification of the technical design, scheduling of the project and implementation of high planning in determining that the changes are been incorporated in a proper way. This information is further processed with a change request form in the articulation of project budget, scope, and scheduling (Kerzner, 2017).
Gaining approval and rejection of the change:
This step involves in the change request form which is almost ready to be presented in front of the approval team. There are different levels of approvals that are required which involves an hour of work with the team of the project, a week of work with the management of the mid-level for complete authorization of the change management. Lastly, there is a need for a definite time span of more than a month for high-level initiatives taken by the organization.
Communication and the implementation of the change request:
In this last step, once the request for change is being approved, then it is further notified to the deliverables of the project for further continuation.
2. The Triple Constraint generally is an important aspect of managing a successful business. The Triple Constraint model is based on its three wings in a project management part that is like Cost, Scope and Time. Cost involves in the financial constraints, the task involves in the goals of associated with the project and lastly, time is the project schedule for the completion of the project. It can be said that there is a need for including outside forces in completing the project on time. The relationship with the vendors needs to be increased in order to check that the supplies are on time. There is a need for installing technological software in order to increase the efficacy of the Lewis project (Hornstein, 2015).
Lastly, a work breakdown structure and time schedule is the most important aspect which needs to be followed through the initiation to the end of the project. There will be several impacts on cost; scope and time if such changes are needed to be implemented. They are like the cost of the work will increase when a number of forces will get increased as well as there will be an additional cost of the vendor's bids to maintain a proper relationship. In the installation of the software, the scope of the project will increase and will also enable the assigning of resources effectively. Lastly in using a WBS, and a Gantt chart (project schedule) for the scheduling purposes will save more time and the work will be completed in a proper deadline (Nguyen & Mohamed, 2018).
3. There are different options available for managing the change request. In including external labor force, to progress the work there is a need for hiring new labors for the completion of the Lewis project. This is because the Lewis project is generally of high budget that id 90 million dollars. The Lewis was also ready to pay for extra men, in such case new appointment of workforces are necessary. The next change involves in creating a good relationship with the vendors by increasing the bids of individual vendors. The installation of software of proper allocation of resources is to be done and lastly, there is a need for WBS and Gantt chart so that time does not escape out. In each and every instance there is risk associated, the first risk involves in managing the workforce that is at times due to any mishaps the work can get delayed, whereas Lewis has already paid for extra workers. This can cause a huge face loss to Lewis in handling the project. At times, increasing the bids of vendors can cause a huge impact on the overall revised budget. The software often faces technical issues which can provide wrong results of allocating resources. Lastly, a slight change in the scheduling can lead to ignorance of the Gantt chart and the project will be delayed at the end (Huemann, 2016).
4. Change Request Form
It can be said that there is a change request form attached in the assignment which is indicating the number of changes required in order to successfully manage the Lewis Project until its delivery.
Save your higher grade with acquiring PROJ6003 Project Execution and Control Assignment Help solution & quality homework writing services of Expertsminds.com.