ARE YOU LOOKING FOR RELIABLE MANAGING AND REDUCING STRESS ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICES? EXPERTSMINDS.COM IS RIGHT CHOICE AS YOUR STUDY PARTNER!
PSY-102 - General Psychology Assignment - Grand Canyon University, USA
Topic - Motivation, Emotion, Health, and Well-Being Identifying, Managing and Reducing Stress
You will be examining the role stress can play in your life. Choose a type of stress (schoolwork, family, job, a relationship, etc) and answer all of the following questions:
1. Give examples that causes the stress.
Examples of causes of stress
Categories of Job stressors
Examples of Source of Stress
Impersonal relationships at work
Discrimination and biasedness
Unavailability of systems to report unacceptable behavior
Lack of trust and support from supervisors and coworkers
The threat of harassment and safety
Conflicts of responsibility
Exposure of families to job-related hazards
Design of Task
Workload, working hours
Lack of appreciation, training, preparation
Often skills do not match the demand for job
Development of career
Lack of growth and career development opportunities
Job insecurity (joblessness fear)
Lack of advancement, growth or opportunities
Role in the organization
The level of responsibility
Role uncertainty/ uncertain job expectation
Management Style/Climate/Organizational structure
Lack of support such as programs for employee assistance, family-friendly policies
Lack of apparent fairness. The unfairness feelings enlarge the perceived stress on health
Lack of recognition for good job performance
Poor flow of information and pattern of communication
Non-involvement of employees when organizational change is taking place
Concerns and Conditions at the workplace
Exposure to vulnerabilities such as temperature, quality of air, noise, chemical, ergonomics etc.
Exposure to hostile conditions such as foul smell, crowds etc.
SAVE YOUR HIGHER GRADE WITH ACQUIRING MANAGING AND REDUCING STRESS ASSIGNMENT HELP & QUALITY HOMEWORK WRITING SERVICES OF EXPERTSMINDS.COM!
2. Describe healthy coping mechanisms you can use to help with stress.
Healthy coping mechanisms used to help job stress
Organizing and prioritizing - To reduce stress is handling the work by organizing and prioritizing. Firstly clear objectives have to be set. Time must be organized to sit with the boss to clarify the goals. It must be made sure that the daily activities should track back the overachieving goals. Goals must be used for evaluating the importance of each task. Maximum 2 or 3 things should be focused every week (Khamisa, Oldenburg, Peltzer&Ilic, 2015). A realistic deadline setting can help. Using a calendar and to-do list is very effective
Eating nutritious and healthy food - People often tend to eat unhealthy foods for managing stress. But the "stress eating" aggravates the problem. Fatty and sugary foods make people lethargic reducing their ability to tackle the problems which ultimately increases stress. Some healthy diets such as food containing protein, superfoods namely blueberries, dark chocolate, kale etc. consist of mood-boosting antioxidants (Harzer, &Ruch,2015). High fiber foods like vegetables and fruits and complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat bread should be consumed
Forming positive relationships - Positive relationships at the workplace are very important. The act of verbally discussing the stress though cannot solve the problem but it can reduce the severity of stress. Friendships can help in diverting one's find from the stressors and can help in providing a buffer between the negative thinking and an individual's daily task
Starting exercising - Regular aerobic exercise with its ability to mood booster and properties of endorphin realizing is a natural reducer of stress. Various studies document the ability of exercise in reducing stress. It can help in deviating mind of stress-related thoughts. Exercise can have a calming effect on mind and body and it can be a form of active mediation.
DO YOU WANT TO EXCEL IN MANAGING AND REDUCING STRESS ASSIGNMENT? HIRE TRUSTED TUTORS FROM EXPERTSMINDS AND ACHIEVE SUCCESS!
3. Discuss of the warning signs of stress is in your life.
Warning signs of stress - There are several signs of stress in the workplace which indicate a worker is suffering from stress. The warning signs are as follows: difficulty in concentration, fatigue, social isolation or withdrawal, irritable behavior, use of alcohol or drug, reduce in the performance of work, change in appetite, increase in absenteeism, change in sleeping way, depression, sadness, anxiety, complaints of headache as well as dizziness, feeling frustrated, overreact to what other says, taking too much time for a work than usual, behave differently with others or loss of confidence or motivation among the individuals (Dimoff&Kelloway, 2019). The warning signs of stress tell the person that there is something wrong and an individual requires to check the stress; otherwise, he may have to suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes or heart disease.
The stress of the workplace might spoil the personal life of an individual. A person who is not recognized at work could not have satisfaction in their relationship with a spouse. If a person is not recognized for his efforts in work, then it will make him feel undervalued or depressed. The person may become prone to Insomnia, a lack of sleep which is bad for their health because it is essential to keep the body as well as a mind well to perform in work.
4. Describe the short-term effects stress can have on an individual.
Short-term effects stress can have on an individual
The short term effects of stress in the workplace are as follows:
1. An issue in digestion - When a person is feeling stress, jumps to eat junk food which can cause digestive problems. Stress can lead to losing the appetite of the people and they could not eat enough (Schaller & Stevens, 2015).
2. Rashes or breakouts - Rashes, hives or acne breakouts can be caused due to stress.
3. Loss of hair - The stress can be the cause of hair fall.
4. Headaches - A person requires a brain to do every work, so when they work too hard, the brain would be punished as a headache.
5. High blood pressure - Stress is highly responsible for high bleed pressure which causes health problems to the people (d'Ettorre& Greco, 2015)
6. High blood sugar - It is essential that stress leads to an increase in blood sugar and cause many issues.
7. Trouble sleeping - The individuals could not sleep the whole night as they feel nervous for their work in the next day. Lack of sleep can be caused due to stress.
8. Makes asthma - If any person has breathing problems, then stress may cause severe attacks of asthma to him.
EXPERTSMINDS.COM ACCEPTS INSTANT AND SHORT DEADLINES ORDER FOR MANAGING AND REDUCING STRESS ASSIGNMENT - ORDER TODAY FOR EXCELLENCE!
5. Describe the long-term effects stress can have on an individual.
Long term effect of Job stress on an individual
Each and every individual who suffers from work-related stress have a fluctuating degree of impact on their relationships at home, wellbeing, and health. Some individuals face job dissatisfaction, moodiness and a lower sense of morale whereas others develop serious health conditions like recurring headache, insomnia, anxiety etc. It can manifest in other areas of life of an individual. An individual suffering from stress often withdraws from normally engaging activities like any hobbies or sports. It can reduce engagement at workplace, performance and thus, increase absenteeism. Ongoing, chronical stress can aggravate and cause many serious health problems which include:
1. Gastrointestinal problems like Irritable colon, Ulcerative colitis, Gastritis, GERD
2. Hair and skin issues like permanent hair loss, eczema, psoriasis and acne marks
3. Genital dysfunction like premature and impotence ejaculation and loss of desire in both women and men
4. Menstrual problems for women
5. Eating disorders leading to overweight and obesity
6. Cardiovascular diseases which include stroke, heart attack, abnormal heart rhythms, high blood pressure, and other heart diseases
7. Problems of mental health like personality disorders, anxiety, and depression
NEVER LOSE YOUR CHANCE TO EXCEL IN MANAGING AND REDUCING STRESS ASSIGNMENT - HIRE BEST QUALITY TUTOR FOR ASSIGNMENT HELP!
Avail the best Grand Canyon University, USA Assignment Help for below mentioned units and courses:-
- PSY-260 Introduction to Psychological Research and Ethics Assignment Help
- PSY-255 Personality Psychology Assignment Help
- PSY-355 Child and Adolescent Psychology Assignment Help
- PSY-362 Social Psychology and Cultural Applications Assignment Help
- PSY-358 Adult Development and Aging Assignment Help
- PSY-352 Health Psychology Assignment Help
- PSY-380 Introduction to Probability and Statistics Assignment Help
- PSY-510 Contemporary and Ethical Issues in Psychology Assignment Help
- PSY-530 Social and Cultural Psychology Assignment Help