Topic: Social Engineering and Advanced Persistent Threats (APT)
You have just been assigned by your employer to provide some best practices and a plan to defend against advanced attacks. What biblical principles are applicable here? What would you recommend and why?
GET BENEFITTED WITH QUALITY SOCIAL ENGINEERING AND ADVANCED PERSISTENT THREAT ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICE OF EXPERTSMINDS.COM
Advanced Persistent Threat
As the corporate work begins to take form on global platform through cyberspace, threats are forming different shapes and magnitudes. One such threat is that gaining popularity and worldwide attention is APT i.e. Advanced Persistent Threat. As the name rightly suggests, it is a form of cyber network attack whereby an attacker uses social engines and techniques to creep into a network after chasing the required target. It works according to the specifications of the target for a required timeframe to capture the sensitive and confidential data and yet remain undetected. These highly organised malware activities are fully equipped with necessary resources and hence, need major security solutions to protect the assets of any business entity from financial loss as well as reputational embarrassment through data leakage (Pengdeng Li, 2018).
Such solutions ensure protection of data to an organisation, in cases where their existing internal controls are defective and incapable of detecting such errors. Some of the commonly used solutions are mentioned in brief below:
1. Fireye: These network security solutions provide protection of sensitive information which is critical to the success of an organisation against threats from familiar as well as unfamiliar sources. It provides detection of such malware through its intelligence drivers technology and its signature free inbuilt MUX engine.
2. Blue Coat: This security solution tends to collaborate technology to ensure fool proof protection against a variety of advanced persistent threats. It is capable to ensure complete protection from unwanted harmful & malware activities to enable an organisation to enjoy safety (Schirmann, 2019).
3. Intel: This protection providing solution ensures that any complex attacks which attempt to disrupt the network system of the organisation are detected as early as possible. It converts its intelligence driver engine into immediate protection providing solution to combat against confusing and invasive threats.
ORDER NEW COPY OF SOCIAL ENGINEERING AND ADVANCED PERSISTENT THREAT ASSIGNMENT & GET HIGH QUALITY SOLUTIONS FROM SUBJECT'S TUTORS!
4. Check points: It is a special form of security solution that provides multi- layered defences, thereby helping the organisation minimise probable threats from recurring.
5. Fortinet advanced protection solution: This involves adoption of a well- designed system that comprises of an integrated strategy of applying varied and distinct technologies to the entire attack cycle as well as across the organisation to ensure robust and repeated protection through rapid mechanism.
Though the above-listed techniques or solutions help in providing protection to the organisation against these advanced threats, yet evidence proves that there are no specific set of rules to follow or one that entails the organisation to adopt these protective measures. Once they get an access into the organisation's confidential space, it becomes difficult for the entity to detect and protect them from further destruction. So it is often advisable to develop new strategies in using the above- mentioned techniques (or a combination of them) for an efficient and effective protection (Walker, 2017).
Thus, the guiding principle to adopt any defence mechanism lies in the fact of deeply analysing and evaluating the assets of the organisation, the probable threats and its respective vulnerabilities. The core attention area should enable an organisation to choose a strategy that fits its condition the best according to the intelligence that the security solution aims to provide. It should keep in mind how frequently the activity should take place and the sources that help generate these threats. Mostly such threats invade the organisation through phishing, the organisation should therefore undertake continuous checks on any malicious activities.
SAVE TOP GRADE USING SOCIAL ENGINEERING AND ADVANCED PERSISTENT THREAT ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICE OF EXPERTSMINDS.COM