Reflection on Selection Criteria Assignment Help
Eastern Financial Company recently experienced a corporate restructuring. Because some new jobs were added and some old jobs eliminated, many job responsibilities changed. HR hired an Organizational Development (OD) consultant, Joe, to help to moderate the various changes in the corporate structure. Because of the restructuring, the selection criteria used in the past needed to be updated.Joe recommended additional selection measures and planned to conduct some validation studies of the old and new selection criteria. Depending on the results of these validation studies, he recommended eliminating or revising some of the selection methods used.
1. How would Joe determine the base rate of successful employees at the company?
2. Based on your view of predictive validity, how do you think joe would demonstrate that the old and new selection criteria at Eastern Financial Company predict job performance after the corporate restructuring? What steps would be need to take to do this?
3. Based on your view of concurrent validity, when would it be useful to study the concurrent validity of a measure?
4. Should Joe try to demonstrate concurrent validity?
5. When restructuring, what does Joe need to keep in mind in order to avoid charges of discrimination when employees are settled into new positions?
We Help Students to improve their grades! Avail TOP Quality Reflection on Selection Criteria Assignment Help and Homework Writing Services at Cheaper Rate!
Corporate Internal restructuring essentially will call for changes on several perspectives. Typically it may result in the creation of the new job responsibilities, new authorities, new job roles and so and so forth. At the same time, it may work to eliminate some of the redundant jobs as well from the organization. The case study and reflection is about Eastern Financial corporation organization, which experienced a corporate restructuring exercise in line with new initiatives of the organization. Joe is the new Organizational development consultant deputed for the task of moderating the changes in the structure. In line with the need for filling the new job vacancies, Joe proposed some new selection criteria for making the job placement more effective. The following is a reflection on the consultancy activities of Joe in connection with streamlining the current organizational restructuring. More specifically the focus is there on the predictive validating coefficients as well on the other factors like concurrent validity.
Discussion and Analysis
The base rate of successful employees at the company - Estimation
The base rate of successful employees is an indication of the number of employees that can be successful in job when they are recruited for a job under consideration. This selection is expected to be random and the quality of the employees available in the applicant pool will finally decide the base rate of successful employees in the organization. The preceding selection methodology, the validating coefficient of the predictor and the selection ratio are some of the factors that decide the base rate of the successful employees. If the base rate of successful employees is high, it is possible that all or the most of the employees deputed on the job will prove successful at the same time if only a few employees are successful on the job, then the base rate of successful employees is less. Joe in the current case can find the base rate of successful employees by getting insights into the prevailing employee's feedback and performance trends. An intensives study of the performance coefficients of the employees from the applicant pool obtained from previous screening methodology will indicate the base rate of success of the particular selection procedure. A detailed study of a variety of the selection methods employed and the actual performance trends will indicate the actual base rate of success of each of these methods in general.
Predictive validity is the criteria that can be employed to correlate the score on a particular test or scale to predict the scores on some criteria of success. Joe as discussed before can compare the predictive validator of the selection methods employed previously (Goldhaber et al.,2017). Based on the employee performance coefficients from each of the selection method, the relative validity of the predictors used in the particular test or selection method can be identified. The new finalized selection procedures will contain the predictor validators with the highest predictor validating coefficients and so they are expected to provide the best job performance. Joe can further propose a periodic investigation of the job performance of the employees to monitor the effectiveness of the new proposed selection procedures. Based on the feedback obtained in these procedures, any changes in the selection procedures if required can be proposed therein. The procedure involves estimation of the selection procedures with the best predictive validity and subsequently implementing the same. Further, they will be followed for monitoring the performance of the selected employees.
3) Concurrent validity is applicable and can be applied to cross verify the results of a different test from a previous test (Drasgow et al., 2017). They are expected to predict similar results on particular criteria. If there are similar findings, it can be said like concurrent validity existing in the test results. When there is no similarity in the findings concurrent validity is not said to be present. Concurrent validity of a measure can be useful study when a new test procedure or a new test is proposed in a particular criteria measuring framework. Validation of the new test or new selection procedure can be ensured with the determination of the concurrent validity of a measure.
4) Of course yes, Joe can work on to demonstrate the existence of concurrent validity. This will provide additional confidence in the new selection procedures or tests proposed for organizational restructuring.
5) Joe should work on to implement the prevailing legislation of the labor policies existing in the country. Typical anti-discrimination regulations, privileges proposed for equal employment opportunities etc need to be implemented effectively in the selection procedures. There should be focus and implementation of procedures that do not contain any type of bias in the selection procedures. Such procedures are expected to ensure effective and efficient job placement (Gatewood et al., 2015). When such ethical and moral obligations are considered along with the legal obligation of the job placements, the results will be quite effective and in line with the organizational commitment with fair employment policy.
The current discussion has undertaken with an extensive focus on a variety of selection procedures and the possible inferences to Joe to take appropriate choices in choosing the selection methods for organizational restructuring. The validation of the predictive validity coefficient, as well as concurrent validity coefficients, are discussed in this report.
Never miss your chance to excel in Reflection on Selection Criteria Assignment Help solution ! Avail affordable and reliable academic services of Expertsminds.com