ARE YOU LOOKING FOR RELIABLE COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RFID ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICES? EXPERTSMINDS.COM IS RIGHT CHOICE AS YOUR STUDY PARTNER!
Research Project - Commercial Aircraft Maintenance and RFID
The aim of a progress report is to get across the progress you're making, without overwhelming your audience with words and ideas. All you need to focus on how a particular project is coming, what still needs to be worked on, and what changes made need to be made.
Discuss briefly what your project topic is, what your objectives are, what you have achieved so far and what challenges you need to overcome so you successfully complete your project. You are required to identify reputable journals in the research area of your topic.
Answer - COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RFID
The paper aims to discuss the use of RFID technology and RFID tags in aircraft maintenance systems all around the world. The use of this technology have gained huge acceptance and popularity in the commercial flight sectors, therefore, detailed discussions regarding the methods used to implement the technology in the operational units of the flights have been done in this paper. The tags that are utilized for the different units of baggage and security are mentioned in detail along with a comparison with the older barcode methods of identification. The future implications of prioritizing this technology have been derived as well.
The Radio-frequency identification technology, which is generally known as the RFID technology is a form of a digital encoder of data that is used commonly in the smart labels of the RFID tags for identification and recording. The technology of RFID is similar to the age-old technology of using the barcodes. Similar to the bar-coding procedure it also collects data and stores it in a database with the help of appropriate devices and radio waves as well. However, it is a much-advanced tool for identification in the commercial flight sectors and its significance has been acknowledged recently. The radio waves used in this technology reads the encoded data that have been captured after the process of encoding. On a regular basis, this technology issued to read thousands of tags as well as labels in the luggage, different items and in the internal machines or engines in a couple of seconds. The readers have specification too, which reads barcodes and tags as well. This paper discusses all these aspects of technology and more.
SAVE YOUR HIGHER GRADE WITH ACQUIRING COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RFID ASSIGNMENT HELP & QUALITY HOMEWORK WRITING SERVICES OF EXPERTSMINDS.COM!
Materials and Methods
The utilization of radio-frequency identification technology is the focus of this research (Wong & Wong, 2016). The methodologies to do so in the commercial airlines unit does not always consider ways that are cost-efficient but concentrates of the quality of service that the installation of the units will provide to the customers as well as to the company that is using it like the Airbus, IATA, etc. The use of the RFID tags needs proper guidance for the installation as well as for the usage of the various products and equipment of aviation. There are passive tags of RFID that are used in the aircraft components and parts. The advisory circular to do it does not always require regulations. The use of the tags is done with their installation on various CFR parts, parts, components, propellers, aircraft engines and more (Wong & Wong, 2016). The method that the system follows utilizes the efficient supply chain that is created with the installation of the tags and as a result improves the sectors of visibility, customer service as well as velocity. The method that can bring out the maximum capacity of the system can be stated as:
- Analyzing the requirement of the tags and the systems, while designing the system to suit it (Williams & Cunningham, 2017). The hardware specification of the architecture that involves the system is required along with the software modification.
- The tags or the systems have to be implemented and initiated within a flight or within the operational units of the company who wants it. The implementation of the baggage tags of RFID is followed by the understanding of the travel trends and behavior of the customers by these tags. Finally, the implementation ends with the inclusion of the networks of an airline (Williams & Cunningham, 2017).
- The implementation is followed by testing of the utilization of the tags in the appropriate units by the airline company as well as by its customers. The user-friendly attributed=s and the durability of the systems are checked accordingly.
The RFID tags have evolved from the bar coding systems that were used by airline companies earlier. This new technology has different distinctive components that formulate and generates the waves, which reads the objects. The components comprise of the tags, reader, communication infrastructure, the software that is used for the construction of the method and the antenna (Virkki et al., 2015). The use of the RFID tags has found major areas in the airline sectors including the RFID interrogators or the readers that have been installed on the aircraft, RFID devices used on the baggage, cargo devices, service or galley carts and mail containers.
It has been identified that A350 XWB is the very first commercial aircraft to use the RFID technology (Virkki et al., 2015). The system targets 2000 parts per aircraft and these are the communication systems, avionics system (bay as well as cockpit), cabin system, electrical system and in the hydraulic systems. The system is used in suppliers sector in the commissioning of the supplier tags and in the shop of component repair. It also is used in the assembly suppliers, FALS and plants sector in logistics, assembly and the attestation of aircraft inspection (López et al., 2018). The airlines & MRO maintenance uses it too in the management of stock exchange, inspection of the life-limited parts and in the configuration management as well. The Boeing requirement has established certain aspects for the UHF RFID tags that are not specified in the SAE or Society of Automotive Engineers International's Aerospace Standard. The requirement that is mentioned involves the weight, memory, minimum performance, size, fire worthiness, adhesive bonding, and chip memory structure criteria of the aircraft that uses the tags (Singh, Meshram, Gujar &Wankhede, 2016).
DO YOU WANT TO EXCEL IN COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RFID ASSIGNMENT? HIRE TRUSTED TUTORS FROM EXPERTSMINDS AND ACHIEVE SUCCESS!
From the studies n research that have been conducted regarding the use of RFID tags in the modern aircraft by the airline companies, it has been evaluated how they are better and smarter than the pre-existing barcodes for identification and storage. The RFID tags involved in the parts and the sections mentioned above can be scanned collectively, which was not the case for the barcodes. The RFID tags use a technology known as the "near field" technology that can scan objects or tags that are in the range of the canner (Singh et al., 2016). It does not require the scanner to be in the line-of-sight. The codes can be scanned from afar, unlike the barcoding system. The methods used by the RFID tags serve a number of functions that have been detailed below:
- The trey and the belt conveyors in the airline companies have been improved.
- The processes of baggage claiming have been modified as well.
- Sorting systems is a significant role it plays (Serajzadeh & Pourgalehdari, 2017).
- The check-in systems and processes in airports have improved considerably.
- The RFID methods have developed the screening of baggage at the airport.
- The dual-record option that is available has replaced the low-memory issue.
- The IT controls and the instrumentation technology have been modified to accommodate the tags and systems as well.
- The software providers help to achieve certain corrections of the facilities.
- The officialization of the EPC Aerospace and the defense header has been made possible too (Serajzadeh & Pourgalehdari, 2017).
The RFID tags are able to provide a read range that helps the return of the appropriate information to the device that is interrogating. However, it is influenced by various factors like the shape of the tag, the material that the tag is attached with, the power of the reader, the orientation of the tag and the environment that the tag is in. The installation of the RFID tags were found to require certain performance of the environment like the interior or the space that lies within the pressurized area of an aircraft, the exterior or the area outside the pressurized place and finally, the power plant, which is then mounted on or in engine cowling/strut/nacelle or the compartment of APU/APU (Serajzadeh & Pourgalehdari, 2017). The RFID systems can be single record tags, dual record tags or multi-record tags and the user's perspective for the significance of it are as follows:
- The security levels or standards and privacy policies.
- The hardware parts have become mobile.
- The speed of performance of the system.
- The presence of the automatic failover and the ability of the system to manage itself (SANTONINO, Koursaris & Williams, 2018).
- The system is available along with the aspects of the reliability and the scalability.
- The initial price of the system and the total ownership cost of the system are good.
- The decreased amount of checks on the on-board configuration.
- The reduction in administrative costs and prices.
- The cards that are used by the systems not only have remote-controlled technologies but also are contactless.
- The system complies with the concepts of ISO-18000 (SANTONINO et al., 2018).
- The introduction of the process monitoring capabilities as well.
EXPERTSMINDS.COM ACCEPTS INSTANT AND SHORT DEADLINES ORDER FOR COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RFID ASSIGNMENT - ORDER TODAY FOR EXCELLENCE!
While the barcoding system that was available earlier could not handle the increased number of passengers and their increased amount of baggage, the RFID tags have solved that issue. The research has also revealed how the transfer flights, which have both global and dual alliances, are a huge issue for the airline companies to manage or control the systems that handle the baggage (Pozzebon, 2017). The advisory circulation gives guidance to the applicants, wh install and equip the tags on the various products of aviation. These tags differ in numerous ways from the older barcodes, some of which are listed below:
- The tags always comply with the regulations and the policies for all the functions they aim to fulfill.
- The failure rate of these tags in the aircraft and in the various units of the airline companies is very low as well.
- The systems work on the source of power that is self-contained (Pozzebon, 2017).
- The tags under the RFID system can be read collectively as well as individually at the same time.
- The information or the data that the RFID systems store is dynamic in nature, which means that they can be altered or modified according to their requirements in the future.
- The systems have been approved by the suppliers of AT software and by the suppliers of the SAE tag as well.
- The systems are able to store greater information that the systems of the identification number (Pozzebon, 2017).
- They have ensured the workability of the life vests or jackets on all the aircraft that are commercial in nature.
- The systems provide fire and electrical safety and have integrity as well as accuracy too.
ORDER NEW COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RFID ASSIGNMENT & GET 100% ORIGINAL SOLUTION AND QUALITY WRITTEN CONTENTS IN WELL FORMATS AND PROPER REFERENCING.
According to Serajzadeh & Pourgalehdari (2017), the RFID systems work in a far better way than the barcoding systems. However, there still are certain issues that this system has and needs to be rectified as soon as possible to make it absolutely perfect (Lai et al., 2018). The challenges that the RFID system and the RFID technology have to overcome while being installed in the commercial flights are:
- The initiation and the development of the multiple standards in the systems will require some time before it can be completed.
- The tags often get affected by certain liquids as well as some metals when they are laced closed to one another(Lai et al., 2018).
- The systems collect a lot of information and this data gets accumulated in the database. The company doing so more than often has no idea how to use the information that they possess.
- The RFID technology has a quality assurance testing program that can fail if the engineers and the managers using it do not like it.
Despite all these issues the utility and usefulness of the technology do not diminish in the modern world of technology and science (Fahim, Elbatt, Mohamed & Al-Ali, 2018). As stated by SANTONINO, Koursaris & Williams (2018), the RFID tags have found utility in various other industries as well and provide different testing programs along with the assurance of quality to them. These tags have the power to give the industry they are used in a control over the quality of product evolution and a better approach to it. There is the Quality Assurance team of managers in the airline's sector that works together with the RFID technology to ensure proper maintenance and quality operations in these fields (Fahim et al., 2018). The incorporation of the technology has assured the customers of quality service and is an important part of the generation of automation that this is. The technology is an integral part of aircraft maintenance and ensures that no information gets lost after the technology has a recorder and secured it in the database.
In the article by Virkki et al. (2015), it was stated that the cost of the RFID tags varies. The cost of a tag might be 10 cents to $50 depending upon the type, application and volume of the tag used. However, it still finds its significance in the Quality Assessment of the RFID in different fields. The systems help the mobile communication of the third generation to attract corporate managers (Bouhouche et al., 2017). The systems provide interactive experiences, minimize the problems of going out of stock, sensor fusion as well as identify the products in the retail industries. The quality management aspect of the RFID technology is used in the automotive systems for the purpose of shipping, backdoor discriminating, staging, and more. There are certain aspects that the tag needs to have while getting installed in the airlines or the aircraft.
GET GUARANTEED SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK UNDER COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RFID ASSIGNMENT HELP SERVICES OF EXPERTSMINDS.COM - ORDER TODAY NEW COPY OF THIS ASSIGNMENT!
- The system needs to consider the environment and the conditions and its airworthiness.
- The tag needs to have characters that are in human readable and can identify the aircraft part that it associates with (Bahr & Price, 2016).
- The tag and the aircraft part needs to match one another while being physically attached toeach other.
The RFID technology is very critical while implementation because of the Return on Investment or ROI criteria. The utilization and development in different parts of an aircraft will increase with each passing day after the implementation by Airbus and Boeing.It provides alternate methods to meet the regulatory needs as well(Avery et al., 2016). The maintenance and the inspection of the security tags are also done by the RFID technology, which is an important aspect for all the airline companies to possess in the contemporary world.
The introduction, as well as the development of the RFID technology in the field of science, has a greater significance. The radio-frequency identification tags and the technology in itself have ensured the identification and storage of data in a secured database that can be reached without any complications or confusion. Therefore, it has acted as a security risk mitigation tool for risk management in the commercial aircraft and in the airline companies as well. The detailed study of the mentioned section has derived how the technology locates medical help, life vests, emergency supplies, etc., in a commercial flight and how it can solve the serious issue through it. Delta Airlines in Atlanta, Airbus, IATA, etc., have all agreed that implementation of the RFID technology in the Technical Operations is a significant step towards the improvement of the commercial airline's sector.
NEVER LOSE YOUR CHANCE TO EXCEL IN COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE AND RFID ASSIGNMENT - HIRE BEST QUALITY TUTOR FOR ASSIGNMENT HELP!