Compare and contrast essay
Among a number of types of essays, a favourite of teachers seems to be compare - contrast type essay. Instead of assigning simple descriptive topics, the compare-contrast essay allows the teachers to judge other abilities of students like observation, identifying characteristics, listing them, finding similarities, finding differences etc. At the same time, the teachers can assess the writing skills of students, the way they organize the essay, opinions about the given topic and so on and so forth.
In compare and contrast essay, students are given any two issues which have certain things in common and certain uncommon aspects. The students have to reflect on the topic and identify and note down the similarities and differences. Examples would be:
- Life in the village and life in a city
- Private schools and public schools
- School days and college days
- Online classes and traditional classes
Writing a compare-contrast essay requires some degree of pre-planning. Students must first decide which aspects they are going to compare, make a list of the similarities and differences, identify the important elements, eliminate the unnecessary details, prepare a rough outline and then start writing the actual essay.
- Ponder over the topic carefully
- Understand what exactly you have to do
- Write down your observations neatly
- Decide which aspect of the topics you are going to compare and contrast
- Make separate lists for similarities and differences
- Prepare an outline
- Restrict one paragraph to one point.
- Organize all the points
- Remember to read the essay 2 to 3 times after completion. You are sure to detect minor errors and may feel like making changes.
Difficulties in writing compare-contrast essay
- One has to exercise the brain for writing this kind of essay.
- The skill of observation is essential.
- Students cannot decide which aspects to focus and which to ignore.
- Many students fail to realize similarities or differences or enough of both to write an essay of the required length.
- They cannot decide the appropriate format for the essay. They can first list the similarities and then the differences. Alternatively it is possible to write what is same and what is different in the same regard, one after another.
- Students are likely to miss out an important aspect of similarity or difference. All similarities and differences must be noted in the essay.
- Thinking, observing and putting down on paper the similarities and differences between two things is time consuming and hectic. Students have to struggle with such topics.
Some topics related to compare-contrast essays
- Pre-writing and post-writing activities
- Identifying similarities
- Identifying differences
- Short listing the important points
- Deleting unnecessary points
- Finalizing the content
- Using the correct diction
- Using correct constructions
- Giving references
- Writing paragraphs
- Deciding the number of paragraphs
- Writing a rough outline
- Editing and proofreading
Online help with compare-contrast essays round the clock
Why worry about the long list of difficulties when essay writing help is available at your fingertips? We offer help for writing all types of essays. Our professional experts are well acquainted with the various types and their characteristics. We are available for 24 hours online so you can contact us at any time and ask for help. You can leave the essay writing tasks to us and focus on core study topics and difficult subjects. Even if you do not know the intricate structures and complex formats of different types of essays, you can still get good grades and perform well when you assign the task to us. You need not worry whether you have used the appropriate word or have doubts regarding the grammatical structure of sentences. You do not have to browse the net and find out information. There is no need to tax your brain to identify similarities and differences. With our support, things have become easy and convenient for thousands of students across the world.
The procedure for getting our help is also simple, and is a matter of few clicks again. Visit our Expertsminds and read the information given in detail. You will understand how we work. You will also be able to view some testimonials; we need not speak for ourselves. The wide community of students all over the world is appreciating Expertsminds help and is grateful to us.
You will also read a list of FAQs that will make most of the things clear. You will understand that we work solely through Expertsminds including payments. You can communicate with our essay writers or team experts through the Expertsminds. Our student support team is also available round the clock. You can contact us any time. With the help of a comprehensive and interactive Expertsminds, we have made the procedure simple and convenient for students.
Why we are the best
When it comes to marks and examinations, it is a serious matter, a matter of your future and career. You cannot afford to waste time and money experimenting with different companies and end up frustrated. By the time you get a poorly written essay full of mistakes and inadequate content, the time for submission is so near that you have no scope to make corrections or rewrite. Then you submit whatever you have and get poor marks.
You will have a different experience with us. When we assign a writer, you can communicate with him directly and keep track of the progress of your work from time to time. When you monitor the work at every step, you will have an idea of its quality. If you find anything amiss, you can immediately get it changed. Of course, this happens very rarely. We have guaranteed experts whose work is flawless, appropriate and free from errors. We provide original essays and do not tolerate plagiarism. Every format is duly followed, the language used is calculated and apt examples are given wherever necessary. Every essay is supported by references which are cited at the end of the essay.
So next time you are puzzled about a compare and contrast type of essay, do not hesitate to contact us. You will come to us repeatedly without doubt!