Cause and effect essay
Out of all kinds of exploratory essays, the cause and effect essay is perhaps the most difficult type.
Cause and effect essays deal with topics that have a cause for a particular state of circumstances. The circumstances are the effect. Sometimes, an essay is limited only to causes, sometimes only to effects but generally to both, causes and effects. For example, one can discuss the causes of pollution only, or the effects of pollution or both causes and effects of pollution. Writing a cause and effect essay is not a casual exercise; even if you possess excellent writing skills, they are not enough to enable you to write a cause and effect essay. One requires thorough knowledge of the topic, a background, the capacity to think logically, to look at past events and project into the future and predict possibilities or what we call effects of something.
For example, taking for granted the speed of development in technology today, few people will be able to predict its effects in the field of education 20 to 50 years hence.
Characteristics of cause and effect essays:
- The topics are generally scientific. The thesis statement is made clear in the beginning, in the first sentence of the first paragraph which is the introduction of the essay.
- The cause and effect essay is not necessarily written in the form of paragraphs; at least some parts are in the form of bulleted or numbered points.
- Experience in the field of study is an additional advantage that is reflected in a cause and effect essay.
- It is a highly scholarly exercise.
- The essay follows a strict chronological order.
- Sufficient supporting details are always included.
- The essay is based on mere facts; there is no scope for imagination or fiction.
- The details given in the essay have to be convincing.
Writing a cause and effect essay
It is better to adapt the usual five paragraph essay format so that it suits the purpose of the cause and effect essay. A few changes may be made depending on the given topic.
Of course, we begin with an introduction with the thesis statement first. A little more information about the topic can be given in the first paragraph. In the introductory paragraph, the focus of your essay must be made clear, that is whether you are going to focus on the causes, the effects or both. The remaining structure depends upon your purpose and intention.
If your focus is on the causes, the next three paragraphs can be dedicated to causes. If the focus is effects, the 3 paragraphs of the main body of the essay will deal with effects. If you want to give equal weightage to both causes and effects, you can write about causes in two paragraphs, about effects in the next two paragraphs. Remember; always write the causes first and then the effects and not the other way round!
Hence, the main body of the essay will be extended to one more paragraphs.
The last paragraph is the summary and conclusion. If your focus is causes, you can refer to some effects in the conclusion part. Similarly, if your focus is effects, you can write one paragraph on causes in the last section. In these cases, the conclusion part will include 2 paragraphs. Whatever way you do it, we find that a cause and effect essay will need an additional paragraph.
Getting help with cause and effect essay
What with exams, tutorials, competitions, projects and so many happening events in the college campus, writing cause and effect essays prove to be the most difficult task for students. They may not be familiar with the format, they may fail to understand the purpose, they may lack appropriate vocabulary and they may simply be short of time. At any cost the topics and dates of submission are declared by the teachers. The essays carry substantial marks as part of internal assessment, and students cannot afford to neglect them. If they have to struggle with all kinds of difficulties, they may get frustrated. What they need at this juncture is valuable help with writing cause and effect essays. When thousands of students all over the world are doing it why should others hesitate? We have a convenient online solution for essay writing, so easily available at your fingertips 24X7!! We provide academic help of every kind besides essay writing - project help, homework help, tutoring - you name it and we have it. Anticipating the various problems that students face and the obstacles in their learning stage, we have developed a platform that provides universal academic solutions!
Customized essay writing help
- Essays are written with extreme care and precision.
- Accuracy of facts and details is maintained.
- Instructions of individual guides/teachers/instructors are followed meticulously.
- Essays are based on thorough study and research.
- The causes and effects are systematically presented.
- Logical and chronological order is maintained.
- Essays are well-organized and structured.
- Language and diction is suitable for the topic and level of study.
- All steps are followed.
- The essays are handled by experts in the given subject and are of best quality.
- We guarantee original, plagiarism free work.
- Citations, references, examples and illustrations are included.
Choosing the academic partner
Besides the quality of work, there are many other reasons to choose us. We work entirely online. We maintain an interactive and dynamic website through which you can communicate with us and get constant support from our efficient professionals. Our rates are affordable and services are prompt. Work is delivered on or before the due date. Expertise from all over the world is available easily. A self-explanatory and user friendly dashboard is a satisfactory experience. You get all kinds of academic help on a single platform. The main reason is that you can trust us with your work. We maintain complete security and confidentiality as each and every client is valuable to us.
So when you choose us as your academic partner, you can be assured of good work, timely work, best scores in exams and zero tension. We will not allow the cause and effect essay be a cause of frustration to you!!